He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to captives, and freedom to prisoners. Isaiah 61:1

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Back in Cambodia!

Hi you all. I've been back in Cambodia a week and still getting back into the flow of things. Just wanted to let you know what's up. Mom is still hanging in there. A couple days before I said goodbye she'd had a huge turnaround. Nights had become so hard for her as she'd struggle to breathe. They'd tried giving a muscle relaxant to help her relax and hopefully help her sleep, but that had just made her dopey and unable to stand, and she still struggled to breathe and thus sleep. So they tried...ibuprofen. Unbelievably it's helped! That first night she slept 5 hours straight. Mom woke saying she felt like a new person. From what I hear, the improved sleep has continued and even gotten better with the regular dosages of ibuprofen. I don't understand it, but it certainly made it easier to leave her and return to Cambodia. Maybe God will be pleased to keep her around until I return for home assignment in 2011.




As for getting back into life here, this includes reconnecting with landlord, neighbors, clients, OMF folk, church folk, work folk and also all you other folk out there. My emails got quite piled up. I've got all clients rescheduled but one, and one by one am getting back into their lives. Today I went to my church for the first time, and it was wonderful to be welcomed and missed. Navy has started to join me at church again. My one token picture for this blog today will be of Navy and I together.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary, I look nearly every day to see if there is a new posting. Enjoy checking out blogs, especially those of friends with interesting lives. Denise N.

    ReplyDelete